Starting Monday, April 13, 2020, TPMG After Hours Care Clinic will begin offering Telemedicine visits.
While the office remains closed for in-person visits for the safety of our patients and staff, we are pleased to be able to provide this service to our established patients who may need care after normal business hours.
Same-evening appointments are currently available Monday – Friday, 5:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Please call (757) 223-4118 for an appointment – phone lines will open to schedule starting at 4:45 p.m. for each day, Monday – Friday.
Telemedicine Visits at TPMG After Hours Care FAQ’s
What types of conditions can be seen for a telemedicine visit at TPMG After Hours Care Clinic?
- Cold and Flu
- Sinus pain
- Sore throat
- Rashes/poison ivy/insect bites
- Minor eye irritations, swelling, and/or redness
- Minor skin irritations and infections (redness, itching)
- Minor injuries (minor burns, muscle strains/sprains)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Urinary complaints (frequent or painful urination)
I am not currently an established TPMG patient. Can I schedule a virtual telemedicine visit at After Hours?
- At this time we are only able to offer visits for established TPMG patients.
Can I make a telemedicine appointment with an After Hours Care Clinic provider in advance?
- Scheduling for same-evening appointments with an After Hours Care Clinic provider will begin each day, Monday-Friday, at 4:45 p.m. If you are in need of an appointment before 5:00 p.m. we ask that you please contact your health care provider’s office to schedule an appointment during their business hours.
How do I prepare for a virtual visit?
- Once your visit has been scheduled by the After Hours Care Clinic staff, you will receive an email from our telemedicine service provider, OTTO Health with further instruction to prepare for the virtual visit. For more information about telemedicine visits, see our telemedicine information page here.
Is After Hours Care Clinic offering COVID-19 testing?
- TPMG After Hours Care Clinic is not conducting COVID-19 testing. If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has been confirmed to have novel coronavirus (COVID-19), call your primary care doctor. They will help you determine next steps.
Please note, TPMG After Hours Care Clinic is not an Urgent Care facility and is not equipped to see patients with serious issues such as those who have been involved in motor vehicle accidents or patients with dizziness and/or chest pain. If you are experiencing a serious issue, please call 911 or report to the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility.