Worried that your busy schedule will keep you sick at home for the holidays? To ensure you stay healthy this 2021 holiday season, TPMG After Hours Care offers Telemedicine visits to offer care from the comfort of your own home.
While the office remains closed for in-person visits for the safety of our patients and staff, we are pleased to provide this service to our established patients who may need care after normal business hours. Same-evening appointments are currently available Monday – Friday, 5:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Please call (757) 223-4118 for an appointment – phone lines will open to schedule starting at 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Telemedicine Visits at TPMG After Hours Care FAQ’s
What types of conditions can be seen for a telemedicine visit at TPMG After Hours Care?
- Cold and Flu
- Sinus pain
- Sore throat
- Rashes/poison ivy/insect bites
- Minor eye irritations, swelling, and/or redness
- Minor skin irritations and infections (redness, itching)
- Minor injuries (minor burns, muscle strains/sprains)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Urinary complaints (frequent or painful urination)
I am not currently an established TPMG patient. Can I schedule a virtual telemedicine visit at After Hours?
- At this time we are only able to offer visits for established TPMG patients.
Can I make a telemedicine appointment with an After Hours Care provider in advance?
- Scheduling for same-evening virtual appointments with an After Hours Care provider will begin each day, Monday-Friday, at 5:00 p.m. If you need an appointment before 5:00 p.m. we ask you to contact your health care provider’s office to schedule an appointment during their business hours.
How do I prepare for a virtual visit?
- Once your visit has been scheduled by the After Hours Care staff, you will receive an email from our telemedicine service provider, OTTO Health, with further instructions to prepare for the virtual visit. For more information about telemedicine visits, see our telemedicine information page here.
Is After Hours Care offering COVID-19 testing?
- TPMG After Hours Care is not conducting COVID-19 testing. If you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has been confirmed to have novel coronavirus (COVID-19), call your primary care doctor. They will help you determine next steps.
Please note, TPMG After Hours Care is not an Urgent Care facility and is not equipped to see patients with serious issues, such as those who have been involved in motor vehicle accidents or patients with dizziness and/or chest pain. If you are experiencing a serious issue, please call 911 or report to the nearest emergency room or urgent care facility.